Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Recipe Day

Here's another recipe (though I might have given it out once before, so I'll keep better track this time). I'll credit my friend Kyla in Dallas for the basics of this one.

2 frozen chicken breasts (yes, keep them frozen)
1 can diced tomatoes with garlic
1 can white beans, drained
1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
Parmesan

Put the chicken and the tomatoes in the crock pot on low for about 5 or 6 hours. You could obviously put in on high if you need it sooner though.

After 5 or 6 hours, the chicken should be shredding apart easily and completely cooked. Add the beans and the orzo. If the chicken and tomatoes didn't create much liquid, you may need to add a bit of water (like 1/4 cup) to cook the pasta. Stir it all around to submerse the pasta and cook until it's done.

It sort of makes a very thick stew-like concotion if you shred up the chicken, but you could keep it in larger pieces if you like. Top with parmesan. Eat.

Enjoy!

No comments: