Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Egg Jubilee!

This morning, I hosted an Easter Bonnett Brunch. In attendance were Katie, Rachel, Liz and Heather. We had some delicious food, followed by egg decorating. First, let me share a very rare picture of me in a crazy hat that I made myself! This is my attempt at an Easter Bonnett! I won't be wearing it out in public or anything, but I might just send it to Amanda...who probably would wear it in public. It's better that little Nathan gets used to it now!!

The main event was egg decorating. I told the girls I would provide the eggs, basic dye and some craft supplies, and they could bring one mystery item from home. Before you look at the pictures, let me tell you what the mystery items were. Katie brought a dowel and floral tape, Rachel brought handmade felt clothing, and Liz brought a brown doll scalp. Here are final creations:

This is a little feathery chick made by me!

Here is our Carnivale dancer complete with headdress by: Heather
Next we have a lovely Easter tulip by Katie (Note to Liz...step away from the Tulip!)
And here we see why Liz brought a brown doll scalp...Richard Simmons!! The picture doesn't do the sparkley-ness of it justice at all!
And finally we have Marie and Pierre by: Rachel! She made the little felt clothes and little felt beret as her mystery item!
We had such a fun time...lots of laughs, and lots of discussion about what a fun group we are (if we do say so ourselves), and how creative and fabulous we all are!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Fantastic eggs. I'm going to have to give some thought to what my mystery item might have been.
I'm going to make a special request that when you have fun party ideas, you email me what they are going to be so I can replicate them here in the north. I've got some good friends here and we need to party. I'm sure that we wouldn't come up with such fun eggs and we might not laugh as hard, but I gotta have more parties. Since I never think of the ideas, I need help in that department. And yes I would wear that hat in public, but only if I was with Rachel or someone else that I could embarass (think you or Andrea) :) I'm so proud of you for making the hat. i was actually wishing I had an Easter hat to wear to church tomorrow. Oh well. Maybe next year.

rachelsaysso said...

Thanks for a super fun Egg Jubilee! Marie and Pierre are hanging out in my butter drawer in the fridge until I can bring myself to throw them away, which will be when I next take out the trash.

And we are the funnest group of gals in the land. I'm sure of it.

Heather said...

I showed my egg to everyone I've seen! I thought for sure my mom would find mine a little offensive, but she said it was cute. (If you know my mom, you know how shocking that response is. haha) Thanks for the Eggs-ellent Egg Jubilee!

Liz the Poet said...

Richard took a tumble on my kitchen counter top and there is glitter EVERYWHERE!!

Last night, I ate chicken with a glitter sprinkle...